Sunday, January 28, 2007

Example Pics for Patapsco

Here is a shot from the plan. This is from Wissahickon in PA but it represents something that would be part of the phase 1 plan. Constructed, natural-looking, low-consequence stuff. Also included will be lots of skinnies made from local timber, planed on the top but no dimensional lumber. There will be various lines like a spiderweb of skinnies that will be just like a playground. The turns will have the radius decreased so you can ride 'em without hopping the rear wheel or have it disappear underneath you. I think the entire 'landing zone' will be mulched out just like a little kids' playground.

The pic on the left is from the Santos project in FL. That's Rich from IMBA Trail Solutions in his signature stance, dreaming of the jumps those piles of dirt are about to be turned into. We'll have a few of those headed our way. The phase two 'flow trail' will include a lot of this dirt in bermed turns and progressive (easy, intermediate, advanced) tabe-tops on the down hill side of the planned area.

Total construction time (if I haven't mentioned it before) is about three weeks and includes volunteers (YOU!) during the weekends and the week. Most of that 'work' will be shaping the turns, takeoffs and landings as well as the turn radii for the berms.

All for now. There's not that much more in the plan but I'll find some good photos to add to the mix... Send 'em if ya got 'em...

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Surly Rider said...

Mike,
The stuff in the Wiss was not well received at all for the amount of money spent and what we returned to us. I trust your judgement, and I know your vision, but likeminded people as yourself were involved at the Wiss and the new work is a huge disapointment esp considering what was there before.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

Thanks Pat. This is just some of the small stuff. Included in our pics for the later stuff is a wall-ride to drop from Tamarack in ID that makes me nervous just LOOKING at it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be available for all of the construction and this will be PART of the main phase, hardly the hard stuff.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Surly Rider said...

I hope it rocks, and all the ideas sound rad. I have only been there twice, but I always tell folks about the jewel of Baltimore. I gotta get down there this spring/summer.

I am building my 29er on thursday night, so maybe I will have oppertunity to ride that down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter