Monday, November 19, 2007

Ride Report

Matty, JoFo and I got out for a ride on Sunday. The conditions at Patapsco were perfect. It's been so dry out there this whole year that the recent rains have only be beneficial. There was no standing water, the creeks weren't super-low and the ground was barely tacky. There was no mud on the trail that I could find, and we looked damn near everywhere.

I finished building up the Enduro SL demo bike for next year and decided to ride that sucker. It's big-bike time of year anyway so what the hell. I asked Matty if he wanted to ride the carbon stump as he is pretty sure that he wants to ride an 08 Sworks version next season as his primary race/fun bike.

I got the Enduro SL pre-ride checked over on Saturday night. Matty and JoFo were late as usual. Matty swapped his pedals over and off we went. He didn't change the suspension setup or the seat height (until we got to the bottom of the first drop from the Park N Ride).

Pretty much right away Matty started glowing about the bike. He was stoked. That would be the order of the day. He really felt like the carbon stump fsr was doing a lot more work than his aluminum epic marathon.

I have been raving about the bike for almost two years. It was no surprise to me as I felt the same way about the bike since I got it and now I feel that way about the Enduro SL. These bikes just make it easier to progress your riding skills. Matty gets it and we talked about it constantly on the ride. He's stoked. Joe's going to borrow the stumpy for the Turkeyday ride... It's catching...

I just love that Enduro SL. There's no other way to put it. It's around 27.5lbs for a six-inch travel machine with a dual crown fork. It climbs great. It descends great. The frame and fork resist loading-up in corners and on bumps which feels great. The bike does more work and makes everything smoother.

See y'all on the trail.

7 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger joe said...

i thought i was borrowing the enduro sl for the t-day ride...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

Oh yeah? No friggin way! I'm riding that sucker!

We'll rochambo for it...

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger joe said...

bait & switch, eh?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

No, just confused about what we were talking about...

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger joe said...

i'll just ride my stumpy then...

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger joe said...

i do want to get on that enduro sometime this winter though... and thanks for a great ride sunday

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Darren said...

17.5 lbs???? what I thought this was the one around 22-24 about the same as the Epic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter