Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Laird's A Good Guy

I've been debating whether or not to post this email from Laird. I sent him an email thanking him for another great race at Big Bear and he sent me this response. I think highly of that guy and it seems like we all rarely take the time to say nice things about people we like or admire. I don't want to be boastful (no laughing!) but this is more to show how cool of a guy Laird is, not to illustrate Laird's thoughts necessarily. Here you go...

==================================

Thanks Mike,

Thanks to you and your teammates (and support crew). I really appreciate everything that you all have done to support our events and for your participation in the series. But mostly, I want to thank you for who you are. You represent everything that I love about mountain biking and mountain bikers. It is people like you who keep me motivated to stay in this business. It's an honor to host such fine sportsmanship and fun-hogery.

Cheers,
-Laird

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good call Mike. If I could I would ride or ski 24/7. That is what it is really all about. Before a wife and kids I seem to remember years in Colorado where I had over 100 days on the snow (Back in the day). Just the thought of those adventures and bike trips to Moab, etc. always bring a smile to my face and usually lead to the cracking of a beer. We are all only here for a short time, so enjoy the trails and in doing so, we each leave our own unique mark on the style and shape of the sport and overall adventure. Moab this year will be kick ass, I hope you guys can make it cause terrapin is going to hook us up.

Wild Bill - Athens Wrecking Crew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter