Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bye Bye mp3

Ok, so technically I still have an mp3 player...

I got rid of the Sansa c240. Actually, it got rid of me. It decided to format itself and erase all the songs every time you turn it on. Great feature. I was unaware of the 'auto-erase' as it said nothing about it in the little instruction book with which it came...

After changing jobs, Susan and I got new cell phones. She wanted something 'sexy.' I wasn't sure what that meant but I knew that it meant something different from the crap-phone she had. And it really was crap. But the service and phone were free so whaddyagonnado?

I found a special online from Verizon Wireless for these phones. I, like others, am dubious of multi-function anything so it was with trepidation that I started a relationship with LG. Susan was/is happy with the phone.

There's a music package that comes from Verizon Wireless for $20. It's a cable, software and a microSD card. I guess that's a good deal considering a 2g card is now $15-20 retail damn-near anywhere and probably cheaper online. Despite this enormous barrier of cost for me to start using my phone as an mp3 player (heh), I still managed to quickly find a way to avoid the $20. I already had the 2g card from the m240 so I formatted it in the phone, dragged some music onto it on the laptop, reinstalled and began rocking. With the addition of a 2.5mm to 3mm adapter for my regular headphones, I was up and running for $2.99. I still love Radio Shack. Best Buy, Circuit City, no thanks. Radio Shack is always empty and they pretty-much always have what I need. I honestly haven't been in a CC or BB in at least 2 years. That probably doesn't bode well for Radio Shack but some of the staff knows me (probably not good) and they always entertain either me or the kids. What more could you ask for? Maybe a liquor store right next door?

By the way, for those of you familiar with the rockamole stories of Jeremy and Emma, Radio Shack is called the 'lightsaber store' and the liquor store RIGHT NEXT DOOR is called the 'lollypop store.' I love those kids...

Susan is enduring day 4 of survival school with BOSS. She's on the 7-day field course with two co-workers. She's a stud. I think she's nuts. It's friggen July and she's in the desert of UT. With nothing. Crazy. Yes, her life insurance is paid up...

So, to sum up, I'm stoked about my new phone/mp3 player from LG. It's blue. I'm not sure if that makes it rad or not. Let's go with 'rad.'

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Joe Bagadonuts said...

There is a liquor store next door to my neighborhood Radio Shack. Agree that the 'Shack is the place to go for all the small electronic parts needs. Have done tons of projects/fixed/made things work with a quick trip to the RS.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

And what's better when working on a project at home that BEERS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter