Friday, November 18, 2005

The sun rises over the mountaintop...

I don't get it... What the hell is a blog? Weblog, right? How about Webl. Whatever.

I've been riding and racing mountain bikes for over a decade now. It seems like it's all I know anymore. If I go out, I'm looking for the SockGuys peeking out from underneath the pantlegs of everyone. I'm odd enough that I find things in common with guys who shave their legs. I don't, but I used to and I, at least, understand it.

Kids. I fell in love when I moved back to the right coast from NorCal and I married the poor girl. Two kids and a few years as professional bike advocates later (the guidance counselors don't mention that career choice), we find ourselves restarting our lives with a family. Susan and I couldn't have planned this.

So I'll try to keep up with this. The kids, the job, the wife, the riding, the trailbuilding... it all adds up. It's hard for me to imagine making time for something else in life. I used to write quite a bit growing up. It helped me deal with the insanity of life. Now, it serves the same purpose and maybe I can draw strength from the trials and empathy of others.

So here we go. Gwadz, Joe, JoFo and the boys will be proud.

Welcome to the world...

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

welcome to the world of the BLOG

it is a very strange world
a very very strange world

just as you will widen your eyes when you see those Sock Guy socks
you will also get that same sort of feeling when you discover you have met another blogger at a party

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger joe said...

no link?

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Welcome!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Far out. I live up in York Pa, anytime you wants a tour of the local trails-just give me a holler on my blog or something.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Matt Donahue said...

sweet- good to see another bike blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter