Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Anniversary, Birthday and MORE

I can't believe that I'm going to post a link to People Magazine (I'm going to Hell, right?) but here it is, straight from the wife. It's about Lance. I want to know more about Floyd. What's going on? Susan also said that she read an article that Lance was chasing around Paris Hilton. I don't believe it. It's probably true, but I WON'T believe it. Scary stuff. I thought that Lance was rad because he did something that no one has ever done before. Ain't nobody gonna tell me that Paris 'ain't been done before,' that's for sure.

By the way, here's Emma, the budding photographer, taking a shot of me putting Jeremy in the car this morning. Yes, there are two balloons in the car but the rest is hard to make out but it's a rad pic, eh? She's a good photographer, methinks.

Yesterday was Charlie's birthday. He's 44. You're allowed to know how old boys are. He went to Burning Man a few weeks ago. He says that he was more 'out of his tree' than he's ever been before. Nice job Chazzy. Keep the dream alive. Yesterday was also the 5th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. We don't have cable or tv reception at the house but when we were in PA this past weekend, all of the Sunday 'talking heads' shows did some sort of retrospective and I wasn't ready. Susan and I work both working in downtown DC back then. I was at the League and Susan was at WABA. My office was two blocks north of the White House and Susan's office was one block east. I'll never forget watching the first plane hit the World Trade on the internet and then walking across Lafayette Square in front of the White House to go get Susan. Susan was super-pregnant with Emma (who will be five in 6 weeks). We had to take the Metro home and there was only one other person on there with us because the feds were telling everyone that 'they' were probably planning to attack the Metro as well. Crazy.

I just got back from a meeting at Patapsco regarding the proposed jump park situation that we talked about back in June. We've got the un-official, pre-go-ahead on a site and we'll start doing the planning in a few weeks when Rich is up from the 'Burg. We are hoping to have a pump track, 'advanced xc,' and features section, all within an acre or two. More on that in the coming weeks. Thanks to Dan-o for his continued help here. Same with Eric. Hooray for MORE. The site is near under-utilized parking, bathroom facilities and actual trail so you can build it into a normal xc ride. Hopefully we can start on this in the Spring. Here's hoping.

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That sounds fantastic.

I think I have an idea of the location & I'm looking forward to helping out with the manual labor.

Great job on working with the Park people to sell the idea.

Chris

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

Thanks. It doesn't need to be a secret that we are looking over at the land next to the Hilton maintenance shed. We spent a few minutes out there and it's perfect.

Here's hoping.

mike

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Ideal...

Some flattish ground, some sloping, easy access for riders and maintenance.

Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter