Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Little Politics

I'm not voting for McCain. No biggie, especially not in MD. I did read an interesting article about his choice for VP. It's here. The author is a Democratic consultant and is surely biased but it does reflect how I feel about the situation. The whole issue with Ms Palin and her personal life means not a thing to me in this election. I find it odd that many Republican pols are crying about her morals and how upright she is in her personal life but what the American people see is bankrupt morality with Sen Craig, Katrina, Iraq, anti-choice, politics in the DoJ and generally irresponsible leadership from Bush/Cheney. I don't know how anyone could vote for McCain in this election. I think the guy is amazing and I have a lot of respect for him but I don't want him to be president.

Give me a scholar for a leader, not a soldier. Soldiers are used to cure the failures of leaders.

Whatever you believe, vote your conscience. Don't forget to vote. This election will be very close. Not in MD, of course, but in America.

I'm voting for Obama. I wish there were more alternatives but this will work.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger camps said...

I hope you're implying that Maryland will vote the same way you do?

I can't get over sentiments like this from the article you linked: "She wasn’t sure a few weeks ago but she’s a lot less sure about John McCain after this stunt."

People need to vote for the person who votes the way you want them to more often than not. We already know where the candidates stand on important issues like guns. war, choice, drilling, warming, religion, etc. You don't need to wait to see who the VP nominations are.

I don't even see how anyone who is still undecided at this point should be allowed to vote at all. What, are they waiting to see who wears the fresher tie at the debate??

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

You KNOW that's EXACTLY what people are waiting for. You never know how/why people will vote until that day. As long as we don't talk about the horrible state of the war(s), economy, failed policy and our status in the world, it's anyone's game!

Yeah, MD will go D, no question.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter