Monday, February 13, 2006

The future is now

I don't know why it took me so long to post this one...
He's a cute kid, there's no way around it.

If only Merckx made a tricycle, we'd be on it. If he's got his grandfather's legs, this kid will rule Trexlertown.

This Spring we'll get him out on the trails somehow. I'm sure he's cut out for trailwork. Rearranging sticks, throwing dirt, eating rocks, falling down... Sounds like a quality volunteer.

Oh, did I post the trailwork dates for Patapsco Valley State Park for Spring 06 yet? Well, if I didn't, April 9 and May 21. Details to follow. I was out there on Friday and there is still a lot of work to do. The bad spots just keep getting worse out there. We've done a bunch of re-routing over the years but we still have some notorious sections. I've been hesitant to work over on the Balt side of the river. Most of that stuff is legacy trail where the only way to fix it is to move HUGE sections of it up the hill or re-route it quite a bit of distance out of the 'existing corridor.' That's kind of important for the park management and their approval process.

Check out this new fitting system. Got any ideas? Shoot 'em this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter