Monday, January 30, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes...

Turn to face the pain... I think that's the Bowie line. Those who know me well know that there have been some crazy changes in my life recently. Nothing really that earth-shattering: wife is as wonderful as ever and getting more beautiful the more I drink... uh... I mean more beautiful every day. And the kids are healthy and happy and full of energy.

I'd love to be able and sit down and let all of this angst roll out of me with the expectation that there was some point to doing it... some wave of calm that would wash in and make me feel all warm and relaxed. But I just got off the bike so now it's time for the the angst to wash in... One thing that I have learned is that time gives you perspective on your mistakes. Even though I don't yet know what I've learned from this latest mis-step, I do know that I will feel better the further I get from it. Hopefully, THE PURPOSE will make itself known to me as well.

I've landed on my feet, in a better place with more opportunity for the future with people that I respect and trust and that's more than I can say for 'The Experiment' that was January's folly.

Today was in the 60s with sun and breeze. The JoFo-designed City Bikes wooly jersey was PERFECT for today. Shorts and short-sleeves in January... Not bad.

Uncle Brian (see link at right) is already talking smack about the 100. He's about 10 years older than me and still waaay fast. It's the height thing... I can sh*t bigger than him. Ask him about the post-bachelor party bike ride feast in Santa Fe when he got married... You have to see him tell the story. He starts laughing before he even starts and that guy can make anybody laugh. He's fast and infectious. Not in the run-and-get-a-shot way, more in a good-dude way.

If I don't beat him, I'll have to out drink him. He's a Navy man so I'll probably have trouble doing either...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter