Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WABA Auction Round-Up

I'm not feeling super-prolific this evening. It was a beautiful location, right in Georgetown on the waterfront. People I know had too much to drink and you know who you are. Shame on you.

I got outbid on two (TWO!) Floyd pieces (a signed jersey and poster) because I'm broke. I'm trying to get an audience with his TourWinningness when we are out in San Diego for 24hrs of Vail Lake in a few weeks but I won't hold my breath. It would be rad though. Rest assured that I'll go through his trash if I find out where he lives and then he'll HAVE to invite me in. That ALWAYS works, right?

Here's the highlights: you'll just have to figure it out... Me and Joel (my pet yeti), Sarah and Katie, me, Frank, Michael, MattyD and Sarah. Frank and Michael playing playing straight guy/funny guy, We've got Dancin, Drinkin Shawny, oh, whatever. Pretty people, Swedish Embassy, auction stuff, drinky.

There were plenty of dirty cyclists there to keep the event legit. Others of us took our monthly shower a bit early and managed to find some clean clothes for the evening. Others took the time to actually PLAN what they were going to wear and were looking fabulous. I did get a complement from somebody on my 7 year old tie. No, 8 years old. Lars and Karen bought it for me for their wedding. Boy, was THAT a long time ago... I didn't even have an email address yet. Ah, the good old days. Anonymity...

Man these pictures are messed up. I have no idea on Earth how the layout will look. I ran into a lot of people at the event that I haven't seen in a while. Oh, there's a pic of me and Bill in here somewhere as well. I saw Mary but didn't talk at her. I know she was there. THERE'S NO HIDING!

Thanks to Eric, Jeff and the rest of the staff for putting on another great event. This was our fifth or sixth and they are always fun. We usually buy stuff but didn't manage to win ANYTHING! I suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter