Friday, May 11, 2007

Jamis Training at City Bikes

This week we had Rob-e-dob from Jamis in Chevy Chase to hip the staff to the ins and outs of Jamis. The good news is that training is essential for staff to help customers to the best of their ability. The bad news is that I had to give him back the Diablo. Not only did the bike ride pretty damn well, but I liked the color. Oh well, somebody else gets to play with it for a while. Rob mentioned that he's selling his motoX bike so maybe that somebody is him!

In the background of that shot, just off of Rob's slice is Justin. He's a guy I hired a few years ago and he's back from doing good works in the world to work for us again. He's a great kid and good on the bike, with a wrench and with customers. We're lucky to have him, even if it is for just the Summer.

Here's a shot out my windshield of the sunset on my way to the shop to see Rob. It sure was pretty from rte 50 heading west...

In Adams Morgan, they had training on the Endura clothing that we carry as well as the new Serfas stuff. Now that the season is here and we are all staffed up, it's time to get 'em trained up on new product. As usual, there's always something new and interesting that we just can't resist buying and bringing into the shop.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Surly Rider said...

i miss pizza at the shop with you guys. I think I remember justin. If that is who I think he is, he looks a bit diff now.


I will be in DC Friday with about 80 kids. I doubt I can convince them to go hang out in a bike shop. What do you think?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

Go for it, I'll be on my way to GA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter