Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Emma's Milestone, Jeremy's Ride

My baby girl lost her first tooth. I would have guessed that it would be from falling on her face after jumping off of the top of the jungle gym or racing her brother around the block on her 'gooter' (scooter) or her doggy bike. Nope, she was across the street playing with Reina and Alex with Jeremy, eating lunch.

Susan and I heard the screams and headed out the front door. She had the tooth in the cup and showed it off as a big game hunter would after bagging an elephant or something. She's been so excited. The Tooth Fairy brought her a little certificate of congratulations and a solid buck. She's so happy that she got something, she didn't care what it was.

Jeremy has been rocking his new Hotwalk everywhere. It's basically a bike with no pedals or chain so that he can learn to balance on tw0-wheels without training wheels. He took it off a curb the first day. He really enjoys it but he's wearing through his Crocs pretty quickly as they are his brakes.

The SM100 is coming up in less than two weeks. I'm excited. There is a ton of chatter on the MORE site. People are pretty nervous and excited. I'm no expert but many first-timers are over-thinking it. I wish everyone well. It's such a great event. Chris really has taken the time to make this event special. It's so much fun, it's not even a race anymore!

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I don't how much is really over thinking the race and how much is playing up the hype. Theres only 1 "1st time". Might as well have as much fun as we can.

Didn't you DNF this thing before.

I hope I finally get to meet you there.

Tommy
aka gorillaonabike

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Big Daddy Mike said...

My first try 'off the couch' without any kind of training that year resulted in a 'SM75' for me. I was stoked to make it that far!

See you there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter