Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Big Day For All...

My beautiful, wonderful, smart, amazing little girl started school today. Her first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe it. Susan said it and I remember talking about it like it would never come. We moved in to our house and NEVER thought that we would still be here when Emma started school. And here we are.

She RAN to the bus stop with the kids of our neighbors with Mommy and Daddy walking behind with coffee and camera in hand. We waited a short 5 minutes, she queued up and off she went.

Jeremy and Susan were way more upset than Emma. She just couldn't wait to get on that big yellow bus.

And off she went. My big girl.

I wonder how long it took for her to get in trouble with the teacher...

Not to be outdone, Jeremy, through his tears, decided to ride his bike all the way to daycare. 'I'm gonna wear my hemmet,' he said. 'And daddy wayea ya hemmet, too!' Back to the house, on his new pirate bike and off we went. He rode that bike the entire seven-tenths of a mile, through the woods. You should have seen the look on that little sucker's face. He was so proud. Not as proud as me...

I'm getting ready for the biggest ride of the year for me. I LOVE the SM100. I talk about it all year. If I have never talked to you before, I'll probably bring up the SM100 in my first conversation with you. It's what I base my whole year around. I decided to get the team to race the entire Granny Gear 24hr series to get better at the SM100 and improve my time. It's a few days away and I can't even think about it. These moments in the lives of my kids are so important that they FAR AND AWAY eclipse the most important part of my individual life. I can't wait to see everyone and ride those sweet friggin trails but I just can't get there. I haven't even come CLOSE to start my preparations.

And, of course, my wife wins another award at work. Duh. I'm always happy for her but only surprised that she isn't recognized MORE for all of her ass-kicking.

I'm a lucky guy. Dumb, and lucky.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and can't wait to see you cross the finish line . . . Love you.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

you are having a strong year on the bike!

I am just going to have to let you pass!

I think you should be breaking that 10 hour mark this year!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

oh
dean started first grade as well!

off to a good start!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to find your son's shirt in adult size...that's hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter