Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm Getting Caught Up

I wish we could focus more on the issues of the actual presidential candidates but here we are, focusing on the newcomer. I'm actually more confused about McCain's positions as he has changed quite a bit from when he was a 'maverick' now that he is 'Candidate McCain.'

Read up. Palin's dealio.

And for the first time, I have contributed to a presidential campaign. I just can't see a positive outcome if we don't get Obama elected president. I'm checking in here to get some ideas and get started putting in some time for Obama. I hung my head in shame when that knucklehead got elected in 2000 and 2004 (thanks Florida!) and I just can't stand seeing America go down the wrong road again. We have problems and we are far from perfect as a nation and a country but I'd rather see a hopeful leader with positive, uplifting policies that may not affect me personally too much but would seek to improve the lives of those who are wanting. Greed is no good and not helpful (see: our current economic situation) and I'd rather curtail the effect of greed on our economy than protect corporations instead of working Americans.

I'm glad that we are going to have such an exciting election. I'm glad it's close as I think that close elections (generally) make better leaders (notable exception: current president).

Good luck Mr Obama. I'll do what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter