Thursday, June 29, 2006

Coolest kid in school...

It's official, I'm the coolest kid in school...

Here's a few shots of what a Lefty looks like on a 'normal' bike. Thanks to Roberts for giving me a hand with this one. This is not exactly a legit use of a Lefty. I've been told (repeatedly) that this fork will rip the front end off of a bike. So, in the interest of either REALLY hurting myself or proving some guys at Cannondale wrong, I'm personally stepping up. I'm not saying that there won't be a full-face helmet on during the first real trail ride (heh) but I'm pretty sure I'll be ok out there. Dont' worry, I'll post pics if I end up on the bad side of Brokenbikeville... I wonder if Sycip will honor the warrantee on the frame. I'll have to send a couple o pics over to the brothers and Brent at Phil to see what they think. I had to ditch the Phil front disc wheel for the lefty wheel so maybe he won't be so stoked. Oh well, there's my hint, Brent.

Oh, and I'll be sure to lug the Phil out to the Cannondale 2007 product launch on Monday. I'll be sure to lock the bike on the roof and get a REALLY good parking space right up front at the hotel. I think this is going to me a parking ticket.

Enjoy. I'm hoping that Cannondale will be scared into making these for sale for the not-stupid public. By the way, if you've never ridden one of these forks, you really oughta try it out.

Yeah there's a lot of spacers in there. Yeah the steer tube is silver and the rest is black. Yeah I finished it off with two silver spacers on top of the stem, under the black topcap. I figure I'll have to hit it with a sharpie and no one will know. I still have some room to mess with the head angle. I could raise the headtube about another 2 cm if I want to slack that sucker off a degree or so. It's about where it was before so we'll just run with it like that.

I've got a funny picture of Roberts that I'm going to have to post. After the good shot of him at the Demo Day on the phone, I don't want him to feel too special OR like I'm singling him out. Oh well. I'll ask him tomorrow...

Here's the Dread Pirate Roberts, manning the phone, again.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow mike, now all we need is to get you a folding recumbent and you'll be in the club!

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no but really, I love my Lefty too and I can't wait to see how this pans out.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Surly Rider said...

Please dont break that bike. I like it too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter