Saturday, July 01, 2006

Patapsco and Le Tour

I don't know what to say about Le Tour. I'm glad that they busted people but I'm torn. Are there less dopers in Le Tour now because they busted those guys or are there just plenty of dudes out there that are under the radar? It's hard to say but I think that cycling is still a good, positive sport. Maybe positive test results, but I'm still a fan. It's better than the denial in our own favored past-time. All the info you need to make up your mind is here.

I spent a few hours out at Patapsco with Jeremy, hiking around. We went up and down the Cascade Trail with a loop over to the Lewis and Clarke stuff. It's in great shape after all of that rain. Only one wet spot, but nothing that should keep us off of ALL of the trails. I'm not so sure about the state of the NE side of the park but the HoCo/Landing Rd/SW/Cascade side is totally ok to ride, says me. There really weren't that many people out there and the ones that WERE out there were obviously not clued in on the responsible side of things. No helmet, no shirt, livin' la vida screwball...

The one major problem that WAS out there on that section was bridge number one as you come down Cascade. It's passable (1-1.5' of washout on each side) but it's ugly. It stopped quite a bit of stuff coming down the stream from hitting the other bridge. Both bridges were topped by the water coming down and I would say that I am surprised that they both survived. Charles was wrong. I won't tell him if you don't...

If you get out to the ParkNRide/NE/BaltCo side of the park, shoot me some pics. I guess I'm the only one around this weekend...

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le Tour...

Notice how Tom Boonen just doesn't have it since dope control has its hand around the race's throat? And what the hell is Leipheimer doing?

French riders have been under the closest watch since 98. They can finally win stages with this more level playing field.

(Got my Force Group ON THE WAY. Shhhh!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter