Thursday, September 11, 2008

They're Here!

I'm a slacker. I got the brakes today. They are hot.

Many thanks to Jonathan Seibold at Family Bikes for getting them for me. Maybe he's gonna hate me for telling, but all I do is just text the guy and he lets me know when the stuff comes in. Not sure if that's some secret communication strategy for me or what but I guess I'm regular enough. Anyway, it's a nice touch. I don't like buying stuff online. I'm glad that FBS got to check them out. I'm not sure if this is a stock item for them. At $200 a wheel, they ain't cheap.

I haven't gone downstairs yet to see if the rear hose is long enough to reach under the bottom bracket on the way to the rear mount but the night is still young.

Avid/SRAM says they are stronger than Juicys with better modulation. If that's the case, I'll be in good shape on the bike. Plus, the red will go nice with the brown and orange. And when I say it 'will go nice' I really mean, this bike will be one sweet ugly monster on wheels...

Ride report soon when I don't feel like I just got run over. Pretty early for the first Fall sickness but it's just a cold. Should be gone tomorrow.

Oh yeah, did I post up about DCCX reg being open? I guess I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter