Sunday, March 19, 2006

New tires (pronounced 'tars')

So, I got some of the new WTB Weirwolf 2.55lt tires two weeks ago and I finally mounted them, so to speak. Here's a shot of the new tires next to the 2.1s. The 2.55s are on a wider rim and the 2.1s are on a standard xc 23mm-ish rim. The tires are light for 2.55s at 720ish grams. They roll fast with the lower knobbies and will be great for rocky rides, dry or wet. With that much width, you can just drop a few psi and increase your grip a lot. We'll see how they ride this year. They might be a bit big for racing, but I'm sure I'll end up on them at some point. I think they are going on the new carbon stumpy when it gets here in a few days.

The kids went to cousin's birthday party at a local funhouse called Rolly Polly. It's foam pit, trampoline, moon bounce heaven for little ones. They had a great time. Pics to follow on that as well...

Emma, as always, had a great time and simply forgot that Susan and I were there. That's her swinging on the rope over the foam pit with birthday-boy and cousin Jonas in the background. I think other cousin Lindsay was about 5 feet higher off-photo, doing something death-defying, as is her way. She's fearless, to be sure.

Luckily, even the 'big kids' (me) are allowed to get crazy. J-rock had some troubles climbing up the moon bounce so I volunteered to hop in and carry him to the top of the slide. The rest was up to him and gravity. It's hard to tell from the look on his face, but he was having a great time. He had some fun in the foam pit, fell down on the trampoline lane thing (and loved it) and climbed in and out of a squishy circle-thing a few dozen times.

My wrist is acting up so I haven't been able to ride for a few days. After breaking it twice (skateboarding age: 12, freeriding age: 26), I think she's a little tender. I had to yank like crazy on a cork at Susan's St. Patrick's Day work party and I think that did it. Of course, the jumping and drops that I did yesterday in the 'hood didn't help. At least I found the jumps that the kids built behind the library. I hit the little ones as I didn't have a helmet or healthy wrist, but I'll be bouncing off the ground there soon enough.

Chris Eatough never showed for that ride last week but I did get to ride with Jason Berry of Off Road to Athens fame as well as some other fun dudes. Some fellow City Bikes riders showed up as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter