Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Trail Work

We had a chance to add a little TTF to the Ridge Trail at Patapsco. It was more work that it looks... Shawn and two other guys helped me out to get this dialed. The only reason we put dirt on it was because we had to knock down the root ball so we would have good sight lines. That way you don't have to slow down if you want to really hit that sucker. It's a solid 3 1/2' on the back side but right now it's running really smooth. I hiked the bike up there with a chainsaw and required gear up the steep fireroad section with all the waterbars just so I could be the first to ride it when it was done. I hit the whole trail, both directions, clean. I rock like the Z car.

So if you are out there, enjoy! Let me know what you think. It may not make up for the rock section that we are cutting out, but it's pretty cool and will be pretty fun.

More to come.

Punga brought me a disc of some music I have on tape, but nothing digital. Some Descendents, some fIREHOSE... Taking me back. I downloaded some Dead Kennedys. Talk about some of the best music ever.

I don't know how I missed it growing up, but I just discovered the Buzzcocks. It's one of those late '70s into '80s bands that you would listen to if you didn't know they were all done. Some of the best technical rock/punk stuff ever made. It's like good Green Day. Imagine if the Ramones were talented... There is just so much music that has been made in the last 25 years or so that is some of the best that WAS EVER made. I found myself telling two different people about Dread Zeppelin today. Never heard of them? Boy, you are missing out. Check it.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

that counter is HOT!

Dread Zep
saw them a handful of times
the whole comedy rock thing is cool
but...
I always felt that the start
the transition
and the song was a little too long
thought it would have worked better for me it they shortened the songs
so that they could get to the next delivery

from a similar era...
TESCO VEE and the MEATMEN
they rocked the comedy punk thing
THE WAR OF THE SUPERBIKES is an awesome album

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

oh
I saw the Ramones
sure that was like 23 years ago
but
they were loud
they get major points for being loud

even if they could play more complex stuff
which I am sure they could
that is not what they did
the Ramones played the Ramones

DK....
good for what they were
but I was more a fan of the DC sound and thoughts

get some Minor Threat and Dag Nasty on that PLAYLIST

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Gaz said...

You gotta check out the Pogues!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter